HOW DO I CHECK THE FLUID IN A TOWN & COUNTRY 3.8L VAN?

2008 Chrysler Town and Country • 50,000 miles

How do I check the fluid in a 2008 Chrysler town & country 3.8L van?
Timdeaton

Which fluid are you checking? There is brake fluid, power steering fluid, engine oil, transmission fluid, coolant.

Let me know if you are looking for a specific one.

I am an idiot! Transmission fluid.

Timdeaton
Not a problem (lol). Facing the front of the vehicle, the transmission dip stick is on the right side close to the front. When checking it, the engine needs to be at operating temp and the vehicle needs to be on a flat surface. Trans fluid should be red in color. If it is brown or discolored, it should be serviced.

If you have other questions, let me know.

I forgot to mention. When you check the fluid, the engine needs to be running and the transmission needs to be in park. If you need to add fluid, look on the dipstick to identify the proper type for your vehicle.

No. No. No! These vehicles are NOT supplied with a dip stick. There is a small 'fill tube' that extends into the transmission with plug marked "Dealer Use Only". Allegedly there is a check plug at some point on the tranny so that one could determine the level of fluid without going to the dealer. It may be under a shield on the front of the transmission; however that shield can only be removed by unplugging the electric/electronic connector that controls the transmission, removing four jamb nuts and assorted other paraphrenalia. I have been unable to locate anything that appears to be a check plug - I have jacked the van up, crawled under it and run my hands all over the tranny at this point.
Has anyone actually found one and been able to check the fluid levels?

Timdeaton