CHRYSLER TOWN AND COUNTRY BODY PROBLEM

2008 Chrysler Town and Country • 55,000 miles

The blower for the air/ heater will sometimes shut off. Front blower only. I have noticed when its hot outside it will quit working. Then it comes back on. Any ideas what could be causing this? Something is over heating I think, just not sure what.

Ah, the joys of adding computer to systems that never needed computers before. There is a power module in the dash that runs the fan and controls the speed instead of a simple switch. I've never worked on one of these since I left the dealership before they came out, but I've read about the high failure rate of those modules since they have to handle such high current. Typically they fail completely. Since yours works intermittently I would check first to see if any connector terminals are blackened from being overheated or if the connector body is melted.