DOOR LOCKS GOING CRAZY

2008 Chevrolet Cobalt • 10,000 miles

I have a 2008 Cobalt. The power door locks will not work with the door buttons or the fob. If unlocked when shifting into drive they will lock, when put into park the drivers side will unlock not the passenger side. The locks will sporadically lock and unlock on there own even though I pulled the door lock fuse. Is there a solenoid between the shifter and the BCM? I also think that the actuator on the passenger side may be bad since it doesn't unlock like the drivers side when put in park?
M.j.c.

The door locks are linked to the Body Control Module and this is what you should be looking at.

Does the BCM need to be programed after install, or if order by the same part# will it already be programed?

M.j.c.
Yes, a new BCM has to be programmed.

Thank you
Do they need it in the car or can I get it programed then install it?

M.j.c.
It has to be programmed in-vehicle.

I figure out what was wrong. The passenger side lock switch was shorting out. I replaced the switch actually I replaced both and the locks are normal now. I have to figure out why the fob doesn't work for the locks now. The panic and trunk button works fine.

M.j.c.
Since the panic and trunk buttons are working correctly, I believe the button for arming/disarming is bad.

Khlow2008 you are right. I used one of the other buttons and it locked and unlocked. Thanks.

M.j.c.
You're welcome.

Have a great weekend.