WHAT IS THE REASON OF BURNED FUEL POMP WIRES?

2007 Volkswagen Jetta • 74,564 miles

Last week I wasn't able to start the engine of my car. My garage told me that the wires of the fuel pomp got burned and I was lucky that my car didn't get into fire. They replaced the burned wires and the fuel pomp inside my car.

I would like to know what caused this problem?

Many thanks!
Mike
Enahari71

Got shorted out within the wiring harness

1. Can you please explain me in more simplicity what 'shorted out' means within the wiring harness here? And how can it shorting out, since it's a quite a new car?

2. Also wires got burned on it's way to the car's computer board (those were already replaced). But it still says for example that the fuel tank is empty and display shows that temperature outside is -41C. Could it be possible that my A/C blow hot air now, since the car thinks it's very cold outside even though our weather is 30C and hot here? (A/C cold is not working). What could be the problem here? Resetting the car's computer would solve this problem?

Thanks!
Mike

Enahari71
Shorted out is when the hot wire is touching the ground-the other problems here I suggest you seek further help from an auto electrical shop-