TOYOTA RAV4 STEERING PROBLEM

2007 Toyota Rav4 • 53,000 miles

Hi, I recently went into the dealer for 2 recalls for my Rav. 1 was for the power switch that operates the windows, and the 2nd for the Lower suspension arm. They installed clips and caution labels per the recall for the fix of the suspension arm. While I was getting my Rav looked at, I told them about noices I heard when turning the steering wheel at low speeds, they said it was my intermediate steering shaft and it needed to be replaced for 650.
My question is how dangerous is it to drive with it temporarily, and could the lower suspension arm problem have caused any problems with the steering shaft. Pleas advise and let me know if I can get the work done by a quality mechanic for less money, I am currently unemployed and money is tight.
thanks,
Chase in Carlsbad

That could be potentially very dangerous if that coupler was ever to bind up or break. Steering and brakes are nothing to take chances with. An independent shop can fix it as long as you find a competent one.

Wrenchtech