DO I HAVE HYDRAULIC OR SOLID LIFTERS

2007 Toyota Corolla • 70,000 miles

My corolla is having hydrallic tappet I want to have them inspected if clearance is not in specs than I have to place shims or replace whole tappets? Toyota dealer says that placing shims is not a proper way these tappets dont have shims. They want whole head serviced there is no engine oil consumption in engine.
Fahdaslam

From our database this vehicle uses shims and not hydraulic lifters for valve clearances. What is the engine type on your vehicle?

Its 2NZ-FE. Twin cam efi engine but not with variable valve timing.

Fahdaslam
Our database does not have any information for this engine. What we have is only 1ZZ-FE therefore I am not able to tell if this engine uses hydraulic lifters but for all engine that I have researched on, none seems to utilise hydralic lifters.

I don't believe the dealer can be mistaken but then again who knows. To verify if that is the case, removing the valve cover would allow you to verify if it is hydraulic or shims are utilised.