BELT

2007 Pontiac Grand Prix • 110,000 miles

My air conditioner pump locked up. I'm a single mom, and on a tight budget. Can I get a belt to bypass this pump for now, till I save enough ti get it fixwd? If so what sizeis it, or what do I ask for?
Shawmarie

Hello, Yes you can get a belt to bypass the A/C, However, it will take trial and error, some people believe that all you have to do is go to your local parts store and ask for a belt for the same engine except without A/C, Well it won't work. You will need to figure a belt pattern that will go around all the pulleys without rubbing against anything to do this you can use a piece of string, once you have a good route then measure string go to your local parts store ask them for the closest measurement to what you have. You will also want to count the number of groves or just take old belt in so they know how wide the belt needs to be. You may need to try a few belts a little longer or possibly shorter than the belt they come up with. Or you can just ask them if they have an A/C Bypass Pulley Kit. Which may be cheaper than the belt. The biggest thing about the kit is that the A/C compressor will need to be removed.

Obxautomedic