SUSPENSION ISSUES

2007 Pontiac G6 • 60,000 miles

I have 2007 pontiac g6 with a 6 speed manual transmission. 60,000 mile on the car. In the last 2 months, the front suspension has become very clunky. Also, there is a single click in the suspension, usually in low gears when taking off or letting off the gas in low gears. I also, periodically, hear a squeak when not on a smooth surface or when turning right. What are your thoughts on these issues?
Whittley

The clicking or clunking you have when shifting I would be checking the mounts for being torn etc. The squeling while turning while it do that when not moving?

The clicking is not necessarily while shifting, just while initially accelerating in low gears or letting off gas in low gears. No sqeaking while not in motion. Squeaking is not frequent. Just periodically. Clunking is just on rough surfaces. Worn shocks/struts possibly?

Whittley
Usually worn struts will cause the to bounce a make the car seem like your in a boat with rough seas.I would still check the engine and transmission if the noise is while pressing the gas or letting up on the gas because thats when the engine and transmission will be moving around.I would also bounce the car on both sides to try to duplicate the clunking.