CHECK ENGINE LIGHT RANDOMLY STARTED BLINKING AND HAS STAYED ON SINCE

2007 Mercedes Benz C230 • 130,000 miles

I have a 2007 Mercedes Benz C230 Sport that seems to be having engine problems. Last week the check engine light randomly started blinking and has stayed on since. The vehicle started to shake (idle) and act as if it was losing power. It has difficulty accelerating and changing gears.

I had a specialist perform an engine diagnostic and multiple fault codes appeared. Based upon the codes, the car is receiving a misfiring of cylinder 1, 2, &3; all on one side. The engine diagnostic indicated a "constant adjustment of exhaust camshaft of right cylinder bank in direction." Don't know exactly what that means but could it possibly be something simple as a tune-up or a sensor to correct?
Shaunb718

No, the vvt solenoid fails from sludge in the oil circuits. The engine needs to be completely flushed of sludge, which could be costly, and replace the solenoid. Then you need to service it regularly.