TROUBLE REMOVING FRONT ROTORS

2007 Lincoln MKZ • 130,000 miles

Not first brake job but first on mkz. Caliper off but unable to get rotor to move. Used penetration oil, tapped with hammer, no movement. Could I be missing a bolt that is not obvious? All pad and caliper bolts came out readily so super heavy rust not apparent problem. There is 1.25 inch nut in middle of rotor/housing. Should this be removed?
Thanks for help
Oleguy

NO! Don't remove that axle nut. It's torque is what holds the front wheel bearing together. Improper tightness will lead to a noisy (buzzing) bearing.

I'm not familiar with an MKZ, but if it's a truck model, Ford rotors are REAL hard to get off. The insane engineers are grinning and wringing their hands about now. The best way to remove the rotors is with a three-jaw puller. Most of the time the rotors will be damaged, especially if you resort to a hammer. Sometimes they even break. Heating around the center hole of the rotor will help it come off while the puller is putting pressure on it. You'll need an acetylene torch. Propane or MAPP gas won't do any good. We use a die grinder to slightly enlarge the hole to make removal next time easier. Not sure why Ford couldn't do that, but when have they ever done anything to make our life easier?