BRAKES

2007 Kia Sportage • 69,500 miles

E car to a dealer ship and they said they foundp0700 &00717Yes I was wondering when replace the brake pads on my car and when can it actually become a safety hazard? The kia dealership had said that I should replace my rotors and pads on front and rear of our kia sportage. Also, we have a transmission issue where the engine light came on and went off a few times then started blinking then stayed off. Afterwards we had advance auto parts check the code and it was P0741.
Shanaselph

What engine?

P0741 = Torque converter clutch circuit stuck off. It could be a failed

P0717 = Input Speed Sensor ciruit.

Yours should be the 2.0L engine. Check for loose or contaminated connectors for solenoid pack at transmission. Quite common for them to fail due to oxidation due to water entry.

What's a input speed sensor? Would that be related to the transmission in any way? And also when is a absolute necessity to change the brake pads and possibly the rotors aswell? Also how likely is droplets of oil from a k&n air filter to go into the intake manifold?

Shanaselph
Also what are best brake pads that don't hardly squeak and last forever? I have budget that's why?

Shanaselph
The input speed senosr is in the transmission and it means the circuit is bad, either a connection/wire or sensor itself or interal problem with trans. And Yes if you oil a k& N filter to much it gets all over the maf sensor so it doesn't work right if at all. It can't burn the stuffoff as it's to much so it needs to be cleaned with choke cleaner, sometimes it works other times it doesn't. Brakes are a different story, some people get great mileage otehrs don't depending ondriving styles and type of pad used. Rotors should be replaced if no air vents in between them and'or undersiized, again depending on driving style/type of pad.

Brake pads wearing is a matter of driving style the bestones on tehmarket are ceramic as they have low dust and give good wear characteristcs. But againit depends on how you stop and drive the car. They are pricey however around $70 per axle.

OEM brake pads are what I would recommend. After market brake pads that calims to have better braking efficiency etc are true to a certain extent but most of them would wear out the rotor at a faster rate.

Just found out that I have 2/32 left of brake pads, how bad is that really? What are really good rotors? I also found out that my transmission oil is dirty aswell as power steering fluid and they need to both be flushed. Could corrosion on a battery terminal after the tech cleaned both the terminals go back on kia because I just so happen to take a look at everything over again and the postive terminal had corrosion around it. From park to reverse its really rough and also when the a/c is on it shifts into 3rd gear at about 4000rpm not how normal that is hopefully someone can get back to me asap please.

Shanaselph
2/32, what does that mean? OEM standard rotors are what is required for general usage. Rotors for racing would be of a different quality and price range.

Disconnecting the battery can affect the shifting and engine performance until the computer relearns. The trouble codes are there, have you done anything to them?

What do you mean with the trouble codes, can they really be erased or no, I don't know. Also how does the computer relearn everything and the 2/32 meaning 1/16 of an inch, I don't what to about the transmission; as far as what could it mean if the transmission oil is dirty, or does tjat mean its contaminated or what could be actually going on with the rough shifting and trouble codes for the transmission fluid and internal components

Shanaselph