G35 LIMP MODE-DEAD BATTERY

2007 Infiniti FX • 6 cylinder 2WD Automatic • 39,900 miles

What sort of things can make my 2007 infiniti g5 sedan go into limp mode, where it will only go 1 mph? Something similar to my current predicament happened a few years ago, and the "throttle body" was replaced under warranty.
This time the "limp mode" was almost immediately followed by a dead battery, after driving about 15 miles and starting normally. After I got it parked, I came back after 30 minutes to see if it was "fixed" and it started slowly. The next time I tried minutes later. It needed a jump and started quickly, but then stalled while driving it to get it closer to the tow truck.

Could the battery be the culprit/alternator?
Infiniti2007owner

A weak battery with a faulty charging system can cause driveability problems.

Seems you have a charging fault and that should be looked into first.

After 5 long hours, the service guy said that it was fixed! He said that after a warranty repair 2 days ago after the dash over the cluster was replaced, a connector pin got pushed out when plugging it back in. As I drove it the pin worked free and the lack of input from the dash freaked out the computer, and circuits were left closed and killed my battery. After getting it back it seems to run fine. We will see.

Infiniti2007owner
The explanation is plausible, a power supply had been interrupted due to the loose wire.

Glad to know the problem has been fixed.

Have a nice day.