I HAVE A HYUNDI AND HIT A DEER CAUSING SEVERE DAMAGE TO THE FRONT OF THE VEHICLE AS WELL AS THE RADIATOR AND A/C COOLANT LINES. IS IT POSSIBLE THAT ANTIFREEZE GETTING INTO THE ALTERNATOR CAUSING IT TO GO BAD.

2007 Hyundai Santa Fe • 138,000 miles

I have a 2007 Hyundi Santa Fe and hit a deer causing severe damage to the front of the vehicle as well as the radiator and A/C coolant lines. Is it possible that antifreeze getting into the alternator causing it to go bad.
BigEd

Is there actually antifreeze getting into the alternator?Alternators are designed to take some water getting into them from being under the hood.

The radiator was busted upon hitting the deer. The vehicle would not crank after the wreck until repaired. After driving it after repair at night the lights go dim.

BigEd
So you want to know if the coolant leak could have caused the alternator to go bad?I would say no have you had the alternator tested yet?Some wires getting damaged in the wreck are more likely that could have shorted wires blown a fuse or fuseable link causing the alternator to no longer charge. Do you have a multimeter to do some testing?