TUNE UP

2007 Ford Taurus • 6 cylinder 2WD Automatic •

When does my car need an tune up. I have an 07 ford tarus its idling is so so it has almost 90,000 miles
Zack526

Zack,

Your vehicle constantly needs attention. Preventative Maintenance and regular Servicing.

A Chilton or Hayne's Repair manual for your specific year and model, will tell you what needs to be checked and serviced, either in a "Mileage or a Time Schedule" ----This would be in the "Scheduled Maintenance" Section

They're about $30, at the auto parts store. Worth it!

The Cool thing is, the book will show you how to do most of this. ----"Tune up" and "Repair" sections. Some things just "BREAK" or need Special attention. Between the Maintenance Schedules!

It even has a "Troubleshooting" Section

Some things are a "MUST", like CHANGING A TIMING BELT, ON SCHEDULE!

Many references I've seen say "60,000 miles" ---(Dependent on vehicle)

Failure to do this means, one day the Volcano will erupt, you jump into your rig to FLEE! Then your timing belt breaks, which may SHELL OUT YOUR VALVES, when the PISTONS hit them.A $50 belt, just turned into $1500 or More. And now you must run from the volcano!

I do not know a lot about your car, As I still drive the vehicles, that I have taken care of over the years.I got my start with these Type manuals.

You will see the wear and tear, and the number of references I have JUST FOR MY JEEPS!

"Mr. Jeep" is "35", "Willy" Is "65"---Both are Daily Drivers, Mr. Jeep is my Primary. Willy is my Baby!

I'm not a professional mechanic either, I have picked up many things over the years.I trust "Copyrighted Print" more than "Word of Mouth" as far as "Trust-able Vehicle Info".I still use them to work on newer stuff (such as yours)

If you are having a problem with your idle and need help dealing with it.I don't think a "Regular Type" Tune up, is your problem.

******You still need to catch up on the things you have neglected******

Sorta bring us up to date with what's going on with your idle, or anything else-anything that's been done, Is your check engine light on. Spill your guts!

If the Volcano does come, An I see you running.I will slow down/ stop and pick you up!

Xmanual Your Turn

The Medic

At that mileage you should replace the sparkplugs or just follow the scheduled maintenances as per owner's manual-

U need to do all the maint. For the miles u have.

Cadieman