ALTERNATOR

2007 Ford Ranger • 6 cylinder 4WD Automatic • 82,000 miles

Battery light came on. Took to shop, they said alternator was bad and replaced. After replacing they said still not charging, was in circuit and put old alternator back on and refunded money.

Took to Ford dealer repair shop. They checked connection and ground and said it is definitely the alternator. They said new one other shop installed was bad to begin with. Ford dealer installed new one and still not charging. They say their new one was also bad. They are in process of putting on 3rd new alternator now. If this does not work, I would appreciate any suggestions.
Rick Cain

Sound's like a wiring issue not just one bad alternator after another being put on. Let me know if the new alternator won't work and we will go from there.

They have put the new alternator on and now say it is not the alternator, they are thinking the fused relay?

Rick Cain
I posted a wire diagram of your alternator it look's like all they had to do at the first place you took it was check for power to the two wire's that go to the alternator that have fuse link's to them. Pretty simple especially with seeing the new alternator didn't fix the problem. Sound's like no one that has looked at the truck want's to or knows how to check the wiring to the alternator. That's where I would start checking the wiring to the alternator.