AIRBAG FAULT

2007 Ford Focus • 2.5L Turbo 2WD Manual • 52,000 miles

Hi. I've got issues with my airbag system. My airbag light stays on permantly. I scanned this myself with my obd2 reader and elm config. And came up with a code of B1994. Dvr side airbag mount resistance high/circuit open. I also took my car to a garage to get it read again to make sure. They also came up with same code, an their diagnostics system couldn't reset code. They said I would need to take back for another two hour session so they can do further investigations. I'm presumed that the fault code would tell them exactly what it is. An how to fix. Is there an actual cause for this fault an if so how can I fix it or get it fixed, as a bit worries about being conned
Any help appreciated.

Oh an apparently for the focus ST this is supposedly a known fault.
Jase25064342

They have to check for a bad air bag, air bag module wiring shortm restraints control module as well as a bad connection someplace. If they have to replace any module it has to be programmed to your car.