ENGINE LIGHT FO 524

2007 Dodge Ram • 5.7L V8 4WD Automatic • 113,000 miles

My check engine light FO 524 (oil pressure too low) has been coming on for past several months. First time replaced the Oil pressure switch in 5/2014. It ran ok for while then less then a month later the engine light came on but all gauges and levels were normal, however driving one day the truck suddenly shut off and would only restart to drive at a speed less then 20mph to shop, then got it towed to a dealer. They replaced the same oil pressure switch, so we just thought maybe then first replacement switch was a bad part. It is now 7/2014 and my engine light came on again and reads same code, all the gauges and levels are reading normal, truck is running normal. I use 5W20 havoline oil and mopar oil filter every oil change at around 3,000miles. It is currently about 1500 miles from oil change. What could be causing this?
Minifiremed

First get a readin from a manual gauge to verify that there is a problem because it cold be an electrical short, etc. Then try another oil filter like a different brand maybe napa Purolator wix ac. See if there is a difference then if still doing it try aonoter weight of oil like 10w30. Havoline is an excellent oil so it may be you are getting bearing wear, not necessarily your fault as it may have gone out of plant with high clearance.

You say to use heavier weight oil, the manufactor says to use 5w20?

Minifiremed
It's ok to use 10w30 you won't notice much difference at all it won't hurt a thing