THERMOSTAT HOUSING LEAKING

2007 Citroen C2 • Manual •

Hi, I have a Citroen C2, 2007 model. A couple of days ago I took my car into the dealer to check why it would not start. They told me that the thermostat housing had a leak and water has leaked into my electronics and the whole electronic system needs to be replaced at a cost of R20,000-00. How is this even possible.
I checked back and on my invoice for the 30,000km service it states that they had replaced the thermostat housing then already. How often is one supposed to change the thermostat housing (I have never heard of anyone having to do this)

Regards,
Debbie
Debz

I'd say this is 1 incompetent/crooked stealership!

Fixitmr
I second that, go get a second opinion, thermostat housing do last a very long time, and even if it did leak, there is no way it would do as they claim, this sounds very dodgy to me.

Mhpautos
Debz, please tell me that you have taken your car to the Menlyn branch.

I have had the same problem, my Citroen C2 was taken in for a 45 000km service, where they told me that the thermostat housing needed to be replaced.

Now, 6 motnhs later, appartently the thermostat is leaking cooling fluids into the electronic system.

Now, is this the thermostat that is leaking or is the thermostat housing that is leaking?

Johannes