TRANSMISSION BUMPS INTO GEAR

2007 Chevrolet Impala • 154,428 miles

I got the car with 141k and ever since day one it almost always bumps going into second, 2-3 bumps sometimes, and 3-4 it is usually smooth. The tranny fluid. Was toast when I. Got the car. I did 2 pan/filter refills bEing a bit wary about flushing high mileage transmissions.

The weird part is that sometimes it bumps hard and other times I really don't even feel it shift
But 1-2 almost always bumps and looses a little speed then shifts fine thereafter
I've driven about 13k miles like that and to be honest it feels pretty much the same as it did with 141k

Just curious if it could be a broken accumulator spring or something easy to fix Haha, I don't feel like blowing three grand on a transmission that isn't bad.

No check engine
Fluid is cherry red still and at the perfect level
Not really intermittent but after the 1-2 shift sometimes the car will shift flawlessly
Pos07impala

Have a trans guy run a scan on this, you may have a sticky valve body.