TUNE UP NEEDS.

2007 Cadillac CTS • 6 cylinder AWD • 200,607 miles

I need the removal diagram for the air intake on a 2007 cadillac V6 motor to get at the spark plugs
Richiano

Tha'st a cover and it should pull off, maybe a nut holding it. If you look closely yo should see it. The spark plugs are in the middle of the head and have coils overthem so you have to pull the coils first. Make sure engine is cold an dnot hot when you takeout plugs and put anti-sieze ont threads of the plugs before installingthem. You can go to the DIY on site here and look under tune up as well.

The intake manifold appears cast aluminum. Its covers the entire
top of the engine. If we are on the same page, there are more than one bolt or bolts all arount it, So you are telling me that entire unit must be removed. I saw the electronic coils.

Richiano
You don'tneed to pull the intake manifold off to replace the spark plugs. The plugs are beneath the coils. If it says "Cadillac" on it or someother thing like enginetype it's acover that is held on by rubber grommets on the bottom of it. I can send a pic of the intakebut i'm positive you dont'need to remove it. Here is the pic. Then you disconnect the coils and pull them off and take out plugs.

On my motor the intake manifold seem wider meaning it covers the
the coils. I dont see how I can get to the coils and plugs under this massive manifold. The cover is easy. Tomorrow I will take a photo from my phone and show it to you. My engine is 2.8 V6

Richiano
Nexttime say what engine is in it. Hre is the engine cover and how it is mounted. Also included is a magnifiedpicture of the coil that you need to remove. You have to unhook the electrical connection prior to removing the bolt that holds it in then you take the plug out under it.

By the way nobody says it was easy. You don't need to pull the intake. If you do go ahead and do it remember to replace the gasket as well.