WATER DAMAGE

2007 BMW 523 • 6 cylinder 2WD Automatic • 20,000 miles

Dear Madam/ Sir

My BMW 523i car was recently partially flooded and rain water got into the interior and reached the fuel pedal level. Mainly the water predominantly covered the foot well area.

I would like to have an expert opinion regarding the immediate and long term recommended actions to minimize the damage to my Car. It would be great and much appreciated if you can comment on the adverse consequences/ impact if such recommended actions are not taken on time.

Really appreciate a quick response and much obliged in advance.
Omaralsharif

Cars that are immersed in water can hide they problems for some time, often after a good clean out and repair of any actual water damage things can look and feel fine, then there's the sting in the tail, corrosion in electrical component that may look fine cane eat away over a period of time, months can go by before any problems can arise, these can be hard to locate and expensive to repair, transmissions may ingest water through breathers and if the water is drained and oils replaced, it is the silt that can do serious damage in the long term, now with this said, it is always a bit of a lottery how bad things may get, for my money, I never advise my customers to buy that bargain car that got wet in a flood, more often than not there is pain involved, I am not a BMW expert but I feel that this is the same for any car that gets immersed, we do have a BMW expert on staff I will send him a link and we will see what he advises as well.

Mhpautos
Thank you Mark, I would agree. The car would need to be completely taken apart to assess damages.

Dr. Hagerty