-

2007 Aston Martin DB9 • V12 2WD Automatic • 28,000 miles

Hi from Sweden!
I’ve got a DB9 from 2007. When the engine has reached normal temp there is a swirling/wheezing sound, following the rpm. First I thought it was the tensioner assy for the engine belt drive, so I changed the whole kit with idlers and belt. The sound is still there and sometimes a second sound accurse, a small squeezing like a hydraulic pump that almost runs empty. The air-condition seams OK, the oil cooling system is checked. Only thing that seems strange is that the cooling fan is running almost constantly. Please, let me know if you got any bright idea about what it is… Best regards from proud Aston Martin owner in Sweden!
Niclas

How is the coolant level, if you have had to top it up, get a pressure test done as if the cooling system is low you may be getting local boiling points in the engine if there are air pockets the increased temp may be the reason for the fans to run on longer than normal.

Mhpautos