VOLVO V70 ABS PROBLEM

2006 Volvo V70 • 11,300 miles

After "disassembling" the front end of my vehicle to get at the low beam bulb (driver's side) : shock: and removing the cap what I see within the housing is different than the diagram in my user's manual. The manual shows a "spring clamp" securing the bulb assembly. Manual instructs disconnecting the spring clamp then "pull out the bulb". Problem is my vehicle does not have a "spring clamp". I see a metal collar around the plug assembly with two small screws holding it in place. It doesn't make sense that you would have to remove the screws to remove the collar and change a bulb as they are VERY difficult to get at with normal tools. I have tried just to turn the bulb assembly and pull it out but it seems pretty solid and I don't want to damage anything using too much force.

Any advice would be appreciated. Love my Volvo and have worked around vehicles doing routine maintenance for 57 years but this has me baffled (I hate to admit it but.)

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
RCFlyer1939

You may have a a collar that will twist off to replace the bulb. However if you have the HID lights then this may be completely different. We have on charts to show how headlight is installed. And yes these can be a real painto change just a bulb.

Here I did find a pic and have an arrow pointing on what to turn if yours is similar. Then bulb will come out and it will either pull out or twist. This is not a hid setup also if a halogen bulb is installed DO NOT touch with your hand or fingers use a piece of cloth/tissue. Oil on hand will shorten the life of it.

Thanks hmac300

I am adding an image of what I see in the light well. I don't see unlock tab anywhere. ?

Thanks again

RCFlyer1939
THREE VIEWS IN THIS LINK

http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_halogen-headlight-sylvania_16320057-p?searchTerm=h11+headlamp#

THE STRAIGHT DOWN THE TOP OF THE BULB REVEALS THREE SORTA EVENLY SPACED OUT TABS ONE BEING WIDER THAN THE OTHER TWO (SORTA AN INDEX FOR INSTALLATION)

I BELIEVE A FIRM CCW TWIST WOULD UNLOCK IT AND IT COULD BE REMOVED

'MEMBER NOT TO FINGER THE NEW BULB, AS YOUR SKIN OIL MAY CAUSE IT TO BLOW!

I'm returning your pic with an arrow on it. What you see the black piece is the actual bulb. Turn that counter clockwise and remove it.

Oops looks like it shoudl be clockwise sorry

Thanks again hmac300. Ur right and I'm on my way. RCC

RCFlyer1939