HAD MY KID BROTHER CHANGE MY OIL IN MY 06 , AND BY MISTAKE, HE TOOK THE DRAIN PLUG OUT OF THE TRANSMISSION FLUID, HE GOT IT IN BACK QUICK. I WOULD GUESS HE LET OUT ABOUT 8 TO 12 OZ IN THE PAN. THE FILL PLUG WAS SO TIGHT I COULD NOT GET IT OUT

2006 Toyota Tundra • 156,000 miles

Had my kid brother change my oil in my 06 toyota tundra, and by mistake he got ihe got it in back quick. I would guess he let out about 8 to 12 oz in the pan. The fill plug was so tight I could not get it out. Will this hurt the transmission running that low?

Rocco

Open it up and fill it while engine is idling for 10mins to the full mark-

I cant get the 15/16 bolt out of the fill hole? Is there another way to fill it?

Rocco
Go thru the tranny dipstick-make sure you replace the amount missing

There is no tranny dipstick?

Rocco
You gonna have to open the fill plug -you sure you turning it the right way

Lol. Ya I am sure the problem is now its almost stripped, wait its not reversed threads is it?

Rocco
This engine uses ATF WS standard and you cannot use other substitutes.

The diagram shows the refill plug. Run engine to operating temperature and remove the overflow plug. It should have a minimal amount of fluid in it, about 3 cc. Use the refill plug to fill in fluids till it overflows from the overflow plug and reinstall the overflow plug and refillplug.