HOW TO REPLACE AN OIL PUMP

2006 Suzuki Forenza • 120,000 miles

Need to find out how to replace the oil pump
W1zardb1ker

You gonna have to remove the front engine cover to replace it-How do you know its the oil pump-what tests did you performed to come to this conclusion?

The light came on and the engine just started to tap. I figure it to be either the pump or the pump drive shaft. There is pleanty of oil in the car. Can you go into a little more detail. This is my first time in a forenza

W1zardb1ker
Check the actual oil pressure with a mechanical gauge-this could be the oil pump or engine bearings depends where the noise is-

The noise is coming from the top of the engine. Bearing would be lower on the engine. I know that noise can sound like it is in a differant area, but this is fairly iscolates.

W1zardb1ker
Check the oil pressure then get back with the readings

I'll get with you in the evening tomorrow. The car wont get here til the morning. Glad to have it at the shop instead of out on the road

W1zardb1ker
Car never made it here tonight. I was told that the light came on and when it was checked it needed oil. The engine started tapping then. They added oil and both stopped. Then the tap came back slowly. Now the light is on and there is pleanty oil and the tapping is louder then it was. It sounds more like the bearing to me. I'll let you know as soon as the car gets here and I can check the pressure.

W1zardb1ker