SX, HOW DO I DISCONNECT THE RUNNING LIGHTS ON MY CAR WITHOUT MESSING WITH THE ACTUALL HEADLIGHTS? IS THERE A WAY.

2006 Suzuki Aerio • 51,000 miles

My car everytime I turn the key the headlights come on automatically. I am guessing those are called running lights, now is there a way to disconnect them without messing with the actual headlights?
CrazySerb23

Nope, it is programmed into the computer.

Why do you want to stop them from working?

Because I changed the bulbs twice already in the past 4 months. I drive alot and even when its sunny outside the lights are on. Its just stupid.

CrazySerb23
The funny part is. Whenever I pull up the E-Brake they shut off. Ive been thinking of maybe taking out the interior and seeing what triggers the lights to stop working when the e-brake is initiated. Maybe there's a switch or something similer that I can by pass. Idk.

CrazySerb23
Nope. It is all integrated in the pcm.

Once again, why do you want them off?

Cause again, they are on in day light. What is the point in that? I use the headlights at night. I don't need my headlights to be running during the day. Again what is the point to that? It keeps on burning up my bulbs.

CrazySerb23
Most vehicles here have them on all the time. They are daytime running lights and are on for saftey. I dont know where you are located but you may have a vehicle assembled in the USA which would explain it.

Yeah, im in Chicago, IL I understand its daylight savings time. But I just cant understand what the purpose they are meant for. My suzuki is bright white, and if people on the road cant see me in a bright white Suzuki Aerio then they shouldn't be driving at all. I appriciate you answering my questions, ill have to find out for myself if I can do anything. Thank you.

CrazySerb23
Good luck