CODE PO204

2006 Saturn Vue • 144,000 miles

I first got code po304, Replaced spark plugs and found a break in the wiring so I fixed that. Now I am getting code po204. I swapped the #4 fuel injector with the #3 one to see if the code moved and it didnt. I am still getting code PO204 so Im assuming not fuel injector. What could be causing this code?
Marandaj

Since you hae swapped the injectors and codes remain same, you need to be checking the wire harness. Ensure the connector is secure and test for breaks in the wire.

Would the wiring be the wiring be the ONLY other cause besides the injector. I did find one break and fixed it. Should I be looking for more breaks then? Would anything else cause this code?

Marandaj
This is an electical fault and it involves the injector, its wiring and the PCM (engine computer).

If you have one break, you could have others because aged wires do become brittle over time and any movement can cause internal breaks. As problem was not there prior to spark plug replacement, I would say the probability lies with the injector wires around the injector connector.

Just to add to this one. What engine do you have in the vue?

Its a 2.2, 4 cyl, With manual transmission. We had to replace the clutch two weeks ago and the SES light started flshing right afterwards. We were finally able to get it on a scanner that could pull the codes.

Marandaj
Are you sure you didn't pinch any wires putting the transmission back in?

To my knowledge my husband has rechecked and rechecked again all conections to the transmission and there are none loose or pinched. This was actually where we looked first before we where able to get any codes.

Marandaj
The code wernt there before the repair something happened during the repair to cause this. If you clear the code does it come right back?

No, the codes where not there before we had to fix the clutch. I did have to drive the car home in first gear (less than 5 miles) when the clutch went out though. However the SES light did not come on untill after we fixed the clutch and drove the car about 5 miles. When we cleared the po304 code we then got the po204 code and yes when we clear that code it comes back on.

Marandaj
Most probably you have a break in the wire between the # 4 injector injector and PCM or power suply. Disconnect the connector and test for battery voltage at the terminals. At least one wire must have battery voltage when ignition switch is turned on.

Page 1 of 2