CLUTCH LIFE SPAN

2006 Proton Gen-2 • Manual • 66,738 miles

What is the general lifespan of a Proton Gen 2 Clutch taking into consideration fair wear and tear
Bhagwandinp

It is very difficult to determine clutch lifespan as it is dependent on the driver and driving conditions. For most vehicles, 100k would be the average.

My Proton Gen 2 is a 2006 model with approximately 67000kms on the clock and is now due for the third change of the clutch, is this normal? Each Clutch seems to last less than the first

Bhagwandinp
That should not be normal. Either there is something wrong with the clutch hydraulic component adjustment or you have the wrong driving habit.

Just for the record I have driven other vehichles with no mileage in excess of 80 000kms with no problems on the clutch. Is there a way to lodge a complaint in this regard.

Bhagwandinp
I am not sure about where to lodge any complaints but if you have been sending the vehicle to one place, time to get a second opinion.

For any complaints, you need to have facts and figures so you shoud trygathering them and maybe interview some other Gen 2 owners.

Get someone to check the clutch pedal to master cylinder adjustment. There must be sufficient clearance or the clutch would wear prematurely.