IM GETTING ERROR MESSAGES, I HAVE REPLACED BATTERY, WHAT ELSE DO YOU RECOMMEND DOING?????

2006 Pontiac Grand Prix • 96,000 miles

I have a 2006 pontiac grand prix, my car shuts off while driving and gives me these messages. Starting disabled due to electronic throttle control. Traction control off. Reduced engine power. Shutting off service stability system.

i have replaced the battery, but my car is still cutting off and I am still getting the same codes. What do you recommend?
Caseyb

You need to get the car scanned for codes go to the auto parts store and have them scan the car for codes. Write down the codes they give you. Post the exact code numbers you have not code descriptions. So like a issue with your electronic throttle control system. Also what size engine do you have?

I had my car towed today and the mechanic said it needed a new computer. Does this sound legit? Talked with another mechanic and he said that he has not replaced a computer in a GM vehicle for 11 years. What do you recommend?

Caseyb
It is very unusual.

Wrenchtech
So what are the exact code numbers you have?What tests have been done to say it was the computer?