NISSAN FRONTIER ENGINE PROBLEM

2006 Nissan Frontier

Hi my name is Adam, I have a 2006 nissan frontier extended cab. I have been noticing an annoying vibration type sound at slightley around 1500 rpm and then extreme vibration at 3500rpm. I think it could be something with the fan im not sure. I checked for any lose objects in the engine compartment and I found no signs or any problems.I'm also new to DIY maintenance and I enjoy it alot! Thanks for any help! - Adam
Adamp901

Good to know you are into DIY but sorry to say we can't diagnose noise problems online as we are not able to locate their sources. Vibrations can be from engine related components or external such as heat shields, loose fans etc. Unless you are able to locate the source, otherwise we won't be able to help.

I checked all heat shileds starting from the exhaust to the engine. I found two broken metal clamps that hold the heat shield on the exhaut pipe directley under the drivers feet. I used two 2 3/4" hose clamps and the annoying noise went away problem solved!

Adamp901
Cheers.