CAR WONT START DESPITE EVERYTHING SEEMS NORMAL!

2006 Mercedes Benz 350sl • 30,000 miles

This has happened to the car for a number of times and its getting quite frustrating.

The car goes fine but sometimes when you try to start the car, it does not turn over. The engine just doesnt seem to start but it doesnt make any abnormal noises. This happens spontaneously, sometimes it was a few times a week or a few times per day. All the warning lights on the dashboard also come on as well. This somehow seems reversible by waiting around like 10 - 30mins and the car does eventually start.

I have taken the car to the garage and they could not find anything wrong with it (I think because the car was fine when I brought it to them), but its just too unprdeictable to use this car on a daily basis.

I would greatly appreciate your expert knowledge and insight as to what could be the reason for this happening and how it could be fixed.

Thank you
Matthew1314

I would start with a fuel pressure check and a scan for codes. You will need to leave your car for a time as the shop has to expierence the issue so they have something to go on.

It's not the gas gauge, it's the crank shaft sensor. It's easily replaced you can do it at home.

Mooder11