WHAT IS CAUSING MY DASHBOARD ELECTRICAL ISSUES?

2006 Lincoln Mark LT • 10,400 miles

Sometimes when I start the truck. The hands on my guages sort of vibrate for a few seconds before releasing and operating. At the same time, my clock stops and my cd player turns on and cycles thru the cds. Clock has to be reset each time. Sort of like they are re-setting themselves. Why is this happening and does anyone know how to fix this problem?

Bigcountryfx

That sounds like the memory circuit is dead. That is to maintain the station presets and to keep the clock running when the ignition switch is off. Start by looking for a blown fuse. Typically there is not a circuit and fuse dedicated just to memory functions. It is usually tied in with some other circuit that is always live. Most commonly that was the interior lights circuit, but the horn, cigarette lighter, and air bag circuits have also been used. Look for other systems that aren't working.

Well I'll be hanged.I blew the main cigarette lighter fuse some time back by plugging a device in that pulled too many amps.I was lazy and didnt replace it because the one on the backside of the console still works and I just use it. Now im gonna fix it and hope that solves the issue : D. Thank you so much, and now I know where to get answers. And I will have another question probably tomorrow for you guys : D

Bigcountryfx
See? I'm not as dumb as I look. No, really.