WHAT IS THIS ANNOYING SOUND COMING FROM MY SPEAKERS?????

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee • 145,000 miles

I have a 2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited (5.7L).

I get a horrible feedback/high pitched sound coming from my driver-side tweeter. It goes in and out, usually is triggered when I hit a bump in the road. I went to a car audio shop and replaced my tweeters. The noise still comes out.

I have tried disconnecting the tweeter (driver-side). The sound then comes out of the passenger-side tweeter. I tried disconnecting that one and the sound carries on to the passenger-side door speaker. If I push the steering wheel upwards (from the bottom of the wheel), the sound will sometimes go away. But as soon as I let off the steering wheel it comes back again.
Jamesvaughn3

Hi James,

This problem is indicative of a bad ground somewhere in your electrical system. If you are having the sound dissipate when you press on the steering wheel, I would start there. Look for loose wires, anything detached or broken. When you hit a bump, it is moving or dislodging the ground or device hence why the sound intensifies. The only recourse right now is to do a good visual inspection on what could be the cause and use a multimeter to check for ground on any suspect components.

SATA4070