1. IS MY FIRST TIME WITH A DIESEL ENGINE, DO YOU HAVE SOME RECOMMENDATIONS ABOUT DRIVE THIS CAR?

2006 Isuzu D-Max • 71,000 miles

Hi, I am Gustavo Maldonado
I have some questions about an engine. My car is a D-max Chevrolet with Isuzu Diesel 3.0 engine, with this number 8LBETF1E060003175. Type of engine is 4JH1-TC OHV
1. Is my first time with a diesel engine, do you have some recommendations about drive this car?
2. Is true, that in the morning with the engine cool, I need to keep for some seconds or minutes the motor on without accelerate. Is this true, how many second or minute is necessary?
3. When I am driving is necessary keep the rpm between 2000 and 3000?
4. Before turn off the engine, is necessary wait for how many second or minute with the engine on?

Thanks you very much for your help.
Gustavo M.
Gustavomaldonado123

While not absolutely necessary those suggestions are made for the best performance of the vehicle. Wait a minute before driving, and keep rpms in the range of best economy/performance. As to shut down I have not heard any time limits recommended. Also try and NEVER run out of fuel as it is usually inconveniently difficult to get it restarted.

Fixitmr