GL

2006 Hyundai Sonata • 4 cylinder FWD Automatic • 67,500 miles

My Sonata has a back and forth body sway between 15 to 30 mph that feels like a bent wheel or tire that has the belt separating. Had all that checked, replaced both front drive axles, replaced all four tires, balanced tires and wheels, had bearing checked, runout checked with dial indicators, front end alignment, replaced brakes pads all the way around, put new rotors on the front and sway bar links on the front. Non of this seemed to help. It seems to be in the body and not in the steering however there is a little****** motion on return to center of the steering wheel but once the car straightens out the******** goes away. After about 30mph the side to side sway goes away and you can let go of the steering wheel and it goes straight on down the road. Any ideas? Thanks
Pakers

You did not mention anything about the control arms, their bushings and ball joints.

Were the engine mounts checked?
Check steerng gear box mounts for slack and wear.
Check steering rack free play and adjust if necessary.

Have not checked engine mounts or steering gear box mounts but will. Ball joints control arms and their bushings were checked and okay. Most of the work was done at two different dealers service dept. And rechecked by myself. Thanks for the advice.

Pakers
You're welcome.

Have a nice day.