HONDA CIVIC COMPRESSION PROBLEM

2006 Honda Civic • 4 cylinder FWD Manual • 110,000 miles

From what I could see, the connecting rods were fine. I couldnt see any kind of marking on the crankshaft that would indicate any kind of wear. It was smooth and shiny still, and the tone was consistent for the whole rod. I am thinking, maybe some kind of rod damage, or piston damage.
David.roynelle.keola

I see youhave been posting new questions for the same problem.

I would suggest you post a reply to your previous questions so whoever was attending to you can get notified and followup.

Posting a new question means you are being attended by different people with no idea as to the history of what had transpired.

Ok, so for those of you who are trying to help me with the problem I am trying to solve. I just did a compression check on the car, though I dont think the tester is working correctly, because it is really old. But I got a consistent reading of about 110 pound on each cylinder. I think its supposed to be around 175. I dont think there is a compression problem, so maybe there is a damaged rod? But I think that the coil pack for one of the cylinders is not working, or there is another problem. Maybe it could be the injector, or the spark plug. I cant check the spark out of the plug for some reason, when I crank the engine, there is not spark on any of the spark plugs when I remove them from the engine. Even when rested on the block. For those of you who have helped me with this car, any other ideas aside from the oil? Could the knock be caused from an ignition problem, or a faulty injector?

For R18A1 minimum compression should be 128 psi.
For K20Z3 minimum compression should be 135 psi.

At 110 psi it is below the minimum required value so you might have difficulty starting. If engine hade been left idle for extended periods without starting, the piston rings could be dry resulting in the low compression. Pump some engine oil into the spark plug ho; e into the cylinders and crank the engine for a few revolutions without the spark plugs and retest the compression.

A damaged rod can cause knocking, but that would be noticeable when the conrod bearings are checked. Plastigage would enable you tio check the clearance to see if they are within specs.

Do you have battery voltage at the Black/White wire with ignition on and while cranking? Pulsing of the ignition coil is via the PCM which receives its signal from the crankshaft and camshaft position sensors.