I HAVE A F150 4.6 4X4 166,000 MILES. BOUGHT THE TRUCK A FEW MONTHS AGO AND IT THREW A CODE FOR EVAP LEAK. I FOUND THE HOSE FROM THE TANK TO VAPOR

2006 Ford F-150 • 166,000 miles

I have a 2006 f150 4.6 4x4 166,000 miles. Bought the truck a few months ago and it threw a code for Evap leak. I found the hose from the tank to vapor/charcoal canister unhooked, hooked it back up and truck ran horrible so I unhooked it. I'm thinking it's the canister but not sure how to check if it's the canister or one of the lines.
Matt_23

Reverify the engne liter not listed as having a 4.6 liter

Charcoal Canister: Check if its saturated with gasoline-if not check and test the canister purging solenoid could be dilluting the air/fuel mixture causing the problem

The canister purge solenoid: Normally closed solenoid valve controls the flow of fuel vapors from canister to intake manifold. When engine is shut off, vapors from fuel tank flow into canister. After engine is started, CANP solenoid regulates fuel vapor flow by means of manifold vacuum and duty cycle signal from PCM.

It is 4.6L. XL work model. How do I check for saturation

Matt_23
The canister should not have gasoline, only fuel vapors