MY CIGAR LIGHTER DOESN'T WORK?

2006 Ford 500 • 27,500 miles

Hi

I own a Ford Fiesta 1.4 zetec climate (06 model). I left my car charger plugged in the cigar lighter socket overnight and the next morning I found the tip of the charger broken. I bought a new charger, but this time the cigar lighter socket was not working. I thought may be a fuse had blown off so I checked the fuse box under the glove box and located the correct fuse socket from the fuse diagram. Surprisingly, there was no fuse fitted for the cigar lighter. I thought may be it was blown out so I thought of replacing it with a new 15 amp fuse. The fuse is turning out to be too loose for the socket. I tried to fit it in other sockets and it would fit in well? It seems the cigar lighter never had a fuse at the first place and therefore no provision of a fuse socket in the fuse box. Is there any other fuse box located within the car? Please help? What could be the issue?
Raveeshrock

First, make sure nothing is stuck in the lighter that can cause it to short. As far as the lighter, it is a fused item. There has to be a fuse. The only way there couldn't have been a fuse is if the power is coming from a different circuit (someone rewired it). Follow the power supply on the rear of the lighter to where power comes from to determine where power came from.