LOCATION OF CTM

2006 Dodge Durango • 76,500 miles

I am trying to find the location of the CTM in my vehicle and what does it look like
Jackgtrs

You sure its not the PCM ( powertain control module ) your looking for intead of this CTM what does it suppose to do?

CTM (central timers module)controls the interior lights that will not turn off in my Durango. I have been told that All I may need to do is unseat it and reinstall it and the lights will work again. I dont know where to look and what it looks like

Jackgtrs
That's the Central Timer Module. It's a different name for a Body Computer. Controls door locks, seat belt tensioners, etc. Does the stuff we never needed a computer for years ago.

Correct, Where is it located? And what does it look like?

Jackgtrs
Its the integrated power module you're looking for located at left side of engine compartment- sorry no picture available

If that idiotic, stupid, unnecessarily-complicated module is the one you want, it's built in as part of the under-hood fuse box. I worked on a friend's '06 that was crashed, and was really impressed with how they were able to take a bunch of simple, reliable circuits and add an unbelievable level of complexity to them. It greatly reinforced my resolve to keep my rusty trusty '88 Grand Caravan on the road.

Doc, is it the IPM-can't find CTM-Mit1 won't give it up or it doesn't exist-going nuts here

Just called a friend who rebuilds only smashed Chrysler products and he said the Integrated Power Module I fixed for his '06 Truck is not the same as the Central Timer Module. The IPM is under and part of the under-hood fuse box, and as best as he can remember the the CTM is a black box right next to it. It used to be a 4" square silver box under the dash up through the '03 model year. That's the one I was familiar with. Starting in '04 they moved it to behind the left head light.

Thanks for the heads-up-you have a nice day