DODGE CHARGER BATTERY PROBLEM

2006 Dodge Charger • 166,000 miles

I have a 2006 Dodge Charger Hemi 5.7 R/T, for the last couple of days I have been noticing a whining noise that is louder than usual. Last week (first morning that it was below freezing this year) when I went out to start my car to take my kids to school my car wouldnt start. My husband said he figured it was the battery or alternator going out and he jumped it. I didnt have any issues until this evening I was driving home and I lost all power. I called my husband he came to jump me and it wouldnt even charge at all. He went an bought a new battery and put it in, it immediately drained that battery. Now we have no clue what it could be any info would be greatly appreciated : )
Mirandanunley

You say immediately meaning you never got it started with new battery? Have you taken said battery back to store for testing?

Fixitmr
Alternators make whining noises especially under full load.

Fixitmr