OUTPUT SENSOR

2006 Dodge Caravan • 6 cylinder FWD Automatic • 70,000 miles

I have a dodge caravan 2006. It will physically shift into P and N but the indicator lights on gear indicator for P or N (OK for R, D, 3, 2, 1, ) do not light up and the vehicle wont start.
I noticed that the output sensor is corroded and cracked, would this cause this issue?
Bfmcmullen

Are you talking about the neutral safety switch or the input speed sensor?

I am not aware of the location or condition of the neutral safety switch. However the broken sensor is drivers side, front of the trans housing. Everything Ive read described this as the output/speed sensor.

Bfmcmullen
Look at the diagram I posted and see which part it is and let me know.

Output speed sensor

Bfmcmullen
Its the output speed sensor on the diagram I posted?

Yes, the output speed sensor from the diagram.
Would this sensor cause the issue if it was broken/damaged?

Bfmcmullen
Not for the indicator not working correctly and it not starting no. That would be more along the lines of the transmission range finder in the diagram. So have you checked for codes yet?That's where I would start.

I am not getting any error codes from the off position. The is considerable corrosion on the range finder, I will start there.

Thank You

Bfmcmullen
I would start there you check for codes with the key in the run position. Let me know what you find.

I'm getting 0 codes.

Bfmcmullen
Page 1 of 2