DAIHATSU TERIOS CLUTCH PROBLEM

2006 Daihatsu Terios

Hi, I had just bought Daihatsu Terios 1.3 model 2006. Recently I changed clutch Plate.

The problem in my car is it makes noise sounds like taa ra. Ra. Ra.. But when I start my car and drive for around 10 km the noise start when stop the car, Also when I push cluth the noise didn't heard. Due to this problem I had changed the transmission fuel, still heard noise.
pls kindly advice what can I do?

Regards
Pujo
Kathmandu
Nepal
Pujo

Did you replace the thrust bearing when the clutch was replaced?

Mhpautos
Many thanks for your reply.
No I didn't replace thrust bearing when the clutch was replaced.
Pls advice where thrust bearing position and how to replace?

Kind Regards
Pujo

Pujo
The clutch bearing is inside the transmission bellhousing. Since noise is not there when clutch is depressed, that should not be the cause. The transmission are known to rattle during idling and what grade transmission gear oil did you put in? Is the level correct? Try increasing the idling speed to test if noise goes away.

To rectify the problem if it is rattling as I suspected, is not going to be easy and might come back after some time. Problem is due to excessive play of clutch shaft and require transmission to be disassembled for replacement.