A/C ISNT WORKING AND I HAVE FOUND A LEAK

2006 Chrysler Sebring • 215,000 miles

And was wondering if the gasket can be replaced on the compressor inlet and outlet block? Hi I have a 2006 chrysler sebring touring 2.7 liter v6 my question involves the a/c compressor. My ac is not blowing cold air nor was the compressor kicking in. I bought an R12a recharge kit and suspected my system was low on gas. I hooked up system as per instructions and the system was not taking the charge. To rule out the compressor being faulty I ran a wire from the positive terminal of the battery straight to the clutch wire on the compressor the compressor kicked in and was running fine

. I opened the valve with the compressor running and the system took a full can. Almost immediately I noticed a dripping from the compressor area under the car. Upon further investigation I found the heaviest soiled area was on the compressor where the hoses enter and leave the compressor there is a block with a gasket held on by four allen key bolts. Can this gasket be replaced with out replacing the compressor?Please help as I cannot afford to take this to a shop but would like to repair it. Thanks for your time
Billbrake

Was in kms also not miles lol

Billbrake
Is there enough room to remove it? It is an or ring, not a gasket.I hope you meant 134, not 12. If you added 12, you contaminated the entire system.

Thanks ASEMaster the package I bought at canadian tire is R12a top up for 134 systems it all leaked out anyway thats how I found the leak! I am going to take it into a shop to have it repaired if it can be done cheap enough. It appears there is room enough to remove the cap with the compressor in place. There is an O-ring in there then? I swear it looked like it would have held a gasket. Thanks for the clarification

Billbrake
Good luck