REAR WINDSHIELD WIPER

2006 Chrysler PT Cruiser • 33,100 miles

The rear windshield wiper on my car has stopped working - no fluid, no wiper movement, no nothing. The front wipers work fine - yes, fluid and yes wipers move. The dealer is telling me the problem is with the rear washer motor - conked/burned out - which causes the rear system to shut down. Can you verify does this car have a separate washer motor for the rear? This is not the same as the wiper motor, according to the dealer.
Niki46

Front and rear washer motor are separate. You cannot have the same motor for both as they would be working together.

OK, thanks. I know there is a separate wiper motor, I just didn't know there was a separate washer motor/pump.

Niki46
If there is only one washer resiviour, then it will have 2 pumps (front & rear) if there is a separate washer bottle at the rear of the car then it will have it's own pump there.

Mhpautos