AIR CONDITIONER

2006 Chrysler PT Cruiser • 86,000 miles

Air is running fine UNTIL I am stopped at a light. It seems that the car wants to stall- I can feel that the idle seems to drop--then the air coming out the vents will be warm--so I turn off the air until the light turns green and I start driving--then all is fine and cool. I checked the air filter--that is fine---not sure what is going on---can you help me? Thank you in advance.
Ewrunner

This could be multiple things, low oil, bad compressor, bad clutch, low refrigerant.

Sounds like a bad compressor.

The A/C compressor draws in low-pressure refrigerant vapor from the A/C evaporator through its suction port. It then compresses the refrigerant into a high-pressure, high-temperature refrigerant vapor, which is then pumped to the A/C condenser through the compress or discharge port. The A/C compressor cannot be repaired and, if faulty or damaged, it must be replaced. The compressor clutch, pulley and bearing assembly, and clutch field coil are available for service. If an internal failure of the A/C compressor has occurred, the A/C accumulator must also be replaced.

Seangrant00