CHRYSLER 300 FUEL PUMP PROBLEM

2006 Chrysler 300 • 145,000 miles

The las three times I have filled up, immediately after words the car stutters, misses and dies for the first mile or two. Is removing the gas cap to fill up the gas tank causing a loss of vaccuum or something that then corrects itself as I put a mile or two on the car?
Mytlarry

You may have a fuel pump starting to fail. You would have to monitor the fuel pressure with a gauge during this period to find out for sure.

Wrenchtech
Fuel pump? I thought thechrysler 300c has a fuel injector, not a pump?

Mytlarry
Yes, it has both. The injector times the squirt into the cylinder but the fuel pump maintains pressure to the injector.

Wrenchtech
Great. Thanks for the fast resonse. I am going to take it to the Chrysler dealer and have him replace it, unless you think an independent can do the job as well for less money?

Mytlarry
Nobody suggested to simply replace the fuel pump. My advice was to test the fuel pressure during the failure to find out if that is the problem or not.

Wrenchtech
When pumping fuel don't pump again once the pump shuts off. If you try to fill it too much the car will die soon after starting. If that happens just turn the car on again and keep going. Theres nothing wrong with the fuel pump just dont over fill it

Crewchief763