SERVICE STABILITY TRACTION

2006 Chevrolet Tahoe • 96,000 miles

When leaving from a stop truck moves really slow and make a loud moan noise from the front. Once noise stops truck moves normally. What is going on exactly and about how much is it going to cost to fix?
Jenn97

IS THE SERVICE LIGHT ON?

Look for trouble codes. Is abs light coming on? Another idea raise the vehicle's front end and try wobbling the wheels up and down to check the hub bearings. A common problem with this model is bad front hub assy. Or bad frt. Wheel speed sensor. Abs trouble codes would point the way.

Tech911
No the abs light is not coming on, though I will take it to have a dionastic done.

Jenn97
It still could be a bad hub or speed sensor, it's rare but sometimes the fault does not stay on long enough to trigger a code, but long enough to trigger the abs system. Basicly, the abs module "thinks" a wheel is slipping. But then again I may be way off and this could be in the drivetrain (transmission, transfer case, or differential)

Tech911
Yep, paying the diagnostic fee is minor compared to throwing on parts you don't need. Not to mention sometimes you can get so deep in throwing on parts you can cause problems on top of the one you began with. I've seen this before and had to charge diagnostic fees in 3 or 4 stages to find and fix multiple problems.

Tech911