CHEVROLET EQUINOX ENGINE PROBLEM

2006 Chevrolet Equinox • 60,000 miles

I drove for about 10 minutes then I realized that the needle was all the way over to the overheating position so I pulled over and parked and shut off the engine, I heard a guzzling sound and I saw that some water was dripping underneath.
I waited until I thought the engine was cooled and checked to see of the was coolant in the bottle. However the was none so I filled it up and tried to start. It would not start. There is a clicking sound when I try to start. Can u tell me why you think it is not starting? What should I do? Thanks

Fix the coolant leak first. Check to see if engine is siezed. Can you turn the crank by hand?

The two symptoms together suggest the serpentine belt broke or came off. The no-crank can be due to a non-operative generator resulting in a discharged battery, and the overheating is due to a non-functioning water pump. The volts gauge or battery warning light should have provided a warning too before the engine overheated.

Replace the belt and charge the battery.

Hey caradiodoc, how you doing? Have a good day.

Hey JDL. Having a big problem getting automated e-mail notifications. I've been keeping the "new tabs" open for each question but it's slowing my computer down so badly at times it takes ten minutes to switch to a new page. I feel bad for all the people not getting answers to their questions.

Yeah, I'm having some problems, also.