2006 BMW Z4 Repair Question
Mileage: 68,600 miles.
BMW Z4 Noise Problem
1) Does it sound like a lifter problem?
2) If it is, how serious is this problem?
3) What are my options?
4) How much would you estimate these options would cost?
They will do that, its the hydraulic lash adjusters.
1) yes it does sound like a "lifter" problem, could be a tensioner
2) they all do it to some extent
3) my recommendations are to drive it and see if it gets worse, there's little else to do unless you just cant take it anymore
4) estimate not possible without a personal reconnoiter
9,723 answers provided