MY SERVICE ENGINE LIGHT IS ON IN MY . JUST HAD IT SERVICED LAST MONTH WHAT COULD BE THE PROBLEM?

2006 BMW 525i • 6 cylinder • 79,000 miles

I have a 2006 BMW 525i and recently my service Engine light came on. Also the outside temperature guage starts normal and then goes up to 122 degrees. I just had the car serviced and there are no messages saying anything is wrong with the car when All systems say Okay. What could possible be the problem. It all makes no sense and the car is running perfectly.
Yhasminae

The outside air temperature sensor is somehow compromised causing the 122 degree reading. The SES light may be on for something as simple as a loose or forgotten gas cap.

Dr. Hagerty
Okay thank you so much for getting back to me. Do you know about how many drive cycles it takes to go off if in fact the issue was with the gas cap?

Yhasminae
BMW does nor believe in that strategy. The light will require resetting.

Dr. Hagerty
And BMW has to reset it?

Yhasminae
At least someone with an OBDII compatible resetting tool

Dr. Hagerty
Okay thank you. I hope that doesn't cost an arm and a leg to get done : (

Yhasminae
The generic version of the aforementioned scan tool is usually only about $100 Peake engineering is one supplier that comes to mind, but even Pep Boys has generic scan tools that will perform the basic funtions you require and it will be your to keep after you reset the fault.

Dr. Hagerty
Okay this was so helpful thank you thank you thank you

Yhasminae
Tell your friends, Facebook would be glad to hear that too.

Dr. Hagerty